Whether you are buying a home for the first time, or renewing your mortgage, we understand the importance of working out the best possible mortgage package, so your home is truly affordable.
- 90 Day Rate Guarantee when you are pre-approved for a mortgage. If rates decrease before you find a house, you will get the lower rate
- Variable Rate Mortgages allow prepayment at any time without penalty
- 1 to 5 year fixed rate terms give you the peace of mind of knowing your rate will not increase unexpectedly
- 10% prepayment permitted annually on fixed rate mortgages without penalty
- Payments tailored to your budget can be made weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, etc.
- Automatic payments can be made from your Compass Credit Union account, or electronically from another Financial Institution
- Mortgage Insurance available (life, disability, critical illness, loss of employment)
- High-Ratio mortgages available up to 95% of the purchase price, insured by CMHC or Genworth
- Amortization periods up to 25 years
- Mortgages of Lease available on leased land and co-operatively owned land
Tips for planning and managing a mortgage
Buying a home can be a very exciting time! It is also one of the biggest financial investments you will ever make! So before you fall in love with your dream home, meet with one of our lenders to determine the amount of mortgage you will qualify for.
A pre-approval lets you know how much you can afford, what your interest rate will be and what your mortgage payments will look like. This can help you narrow down your search to a specific price-range.
A pre-approval is not a guarantee of final mortgage approval. Once you’ve found the home for you, the property still has to be evaluated to ensure the price and condition of the home are acceptable. Provide your accepted offer to purchase to your lender as soon as possible so they can finalize the mortgage.
Contact us for an appointment
Please call any of our branches to be put in contact with one of our lending specialists.